Staffan Riben is a senior management consultant, who has run his own consulting company since 2002. He works as a consultant and project manager for authorities and Swedish and international companies. Most of his assingments are related to the markets for oil and gas and to the transition to a more sustainable energy system.
Staffan is also active in civic work, primarily supporting the etsablishment and integration of newly arrived refugees in the municipality of Östhammar, where his country home is located.
Previously, he had a long international career with leading positions in the petroleum industry, from production and processing to distribution and trade.
Professional Experience Summary
- 15 years with the Statoil Group, as head of the Group’s business area Refining & Marketing and member of the Group Management, as CEO of the Group’s Swedish subsidiaries in petrochemicals and distribution, and as CEO of an oilproducing subsidiary in Venezuela.
- 14 years with the Swedish Axel Johnson Group in Sweden, USA and Denmark, i.a. as Executive VP of the oil company Nynas.
- 5 years at the Swedish Government Offices (Ministries of Education and Finance).
See my profile at www.linkedin.com
- Master of Law from the University of Stockholm
- The Executive Program at Darden School of Business, University of Virgina